Guard your mind, body, and heart
A woman has an innate desire to be cherished. This desire can sometimes make her easy prey to a man’s lusts if she believes that offering her body to him will win and keep his love. This desire also helps explain why close to 91 per cent of the buyers of romance fiction are women. Books in this genre are generally required to have an emotionally satisfying, optimistic ending—a formula which has rewarded romance fiction with the largest share of the paperback literature market and the second largest in the e-book market.1
So how does a Christian woman resist this pull and keep her mind, body, and heart pure and untarnished in a very stained, harsh world? Elisabeth Elliot wrote, in the preface of her classic book Passion and Purity: “The love life of a Christian is a crucial battleground. There, if nowhere else, it will be determined as to who is Lord: the world, the self and the devil, or the Lord Christ.”2
We want to help you win that battle, with the right weapons and armor at your disposal. The resources on this page will point you to the only source of ultimate satisfaction and worth: Jesus, the Lover of your soul!
- Romance Writers of America, “Romance Literature Statistics,” Romance Writers of America, http://www.rwa.org/cs/the_romance_literature_statistics/industry_statistics (accessed March 24, 2011).
- Elisabeth Elliot, Passion and Purity: Learning to Bring Your Love Life Under Christ’s Control (Grand Rapids: Fleming H. Revell Company, 1984), 12.
- Greener-Grass SyndromeKimberlee Hertzer
- Modesty and AuthenticityPastor Chuck Swindoll
- Moral PurityPastor Chuck Swindoll
- Protecting Your Marriage from Its Greatest ThreatBryce Klabunde
- Signs That Your Husband May Be Involved in Internet SexBiblical Counselling Ministry
- The Power of Truth: Helping Your Husband Break Free from Internet PornographyBiblical Counselling Ministry
- The Shocking Truth: Dealing with the Emotional Impact of Your Husband’s Internet Sex HabitsBiblical Counselling Ministry
- The Three-Second PauseColleen Swindoll-Thompson
- WeedsColleen Swindoll-Thompson
- What the Bible Says about LustBiblical Counselling Ministry