Shepherd your flock
Pastors and politicians have more in common than either will admit in polite company, but there is one thing both readily agree on—to serve in government or pastor a church requires a thick skin. The difference, however, is the pastor must also have a soft heart for the Word of God and for the needs of the congregation. And because pastors work with the spiritual needs of people, they are bound to come under criticism. Toughening up without becoming callous is a tricky balance to find and maintain.
Pastoral work is not for the faint of heart. Insight for Living understands this and is grateful to those who answer the high calling of the pastorate. By providing pastoral resources, we’re committed to encouraging pastors in their pursuit of developing a tough hide and a soft heart.
- A Conversation with Chuck SwindollPastor Chuck Swindoll
- A MentorPastor Chuck Swindoll
- A Shepherd’s HeartPastor Chuck Swindoll
- A Tough AssignmentColleen Swindoll-Thompson
- Cultivating a Tender Heart and a Tough HidePastor Chuck Swindoll
- Delegate the WorkloadPastor Chuck Swindoll
- Easy Ways to Help a Family in NeedColleen Swindoll-Thompson
- Five Promises from a Shepherd to His FlockPastor Chuck Swindoll
- Helping Men Who Are Addicted to Internet Sex: For PastorsBiblical Counselling Ministry
- Listening to Jesus Beside the SeaPastor Chuck Swindoll